Sunday, February 2, 2014

Tehama County Courthouse

Click Photo to Enlarge
For some reason, I thought the Red Bluff Courthouse would be open on Sunday. I knew there wouldn't be any business, but I was expecting the doors to be open. Dah! 

I have been wanting to photograph this beautiful building, and I was undeterred. I had to shoot this photo of the staircase through the glass double front doors. I used a polarization filter to eliminate glare, and there definitely was some. I reduced the backlighting in Lightroom to a tolerable level. 

I will probably photograph more of this building on a different day. It's very pretty architecturally, inside and out. I'm sure there are lots of opportunities if I return on a day they are open. But then there will be people. But who knows, maybe people will make it more interesting? 

No comments:

Post a Comment