Friday, March 21, 2014

Jonathan Livingston?

Click Photo to Enlarge

A lesson learned again: Stay flexible. I went to a spot on the Sacramento River where I knew I would find Canada Geese. Indeed, there were many. But as I sat on the ground snapping some nice photos of geese, several gulls decided to drop in for a free meal. I got a couple of quick photos of the gulls as they landed, this being one of them. I got very lucky. I was shooting in Aperture Priority, which just happened to yield a shutter speed of 800 - enough to stop this bird in flight. I changed to Shutter Priority mode and cranked up the speed a tad, and got a few more photos. I liked this one the best - no cropping, I just increased the exposure a small amount. I also removed just a small amount of lens vignetting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment