Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Canada Goose Sees Its Reflection

A Canada goose sees its own reflection in the pond. There is not much I can say about this bird, other than the fact that I missed one of the best shots I could have gotten. The sun angle was right, and my camera was configured the way I wanted it to be. I was getting ready to snap a few photos of Mallards nearby.

All of a sudden, I heard the sound of approaching geese in flight. I looked up and saw them landing, perfect high angle of attack, feet forward, skiing to a stop - the water rippled rings outward. I was just not ready to snap the picture, maybe 5 seconds short, that's all. Darn! I even had my camera set up for burst mode!

But, the two geese that landed were willing to swim up close to me, and I shot some pictures just for fun. After I came home, I noticed this really cool reflection. All I did was crop the photo just a little.

Thanks for taking the time to come by and look.

john

No comments:

Post a Comment