Monday, January 6, 2014

Wired

My wife Nikki actually spotted this and suggested I take a photo. I think she's got a pretty good eye. I didn't think much of the subject matter until I got home. When I uploaded the picture, it jumped out at me. I shot the background out of focus on purpose.

This photo was shot in RAW, and I made minor adjustments to it in post. I did crop it just a little to frame the rusty wire in the lower right one third of the frame. I also changed the color curve just a tad to bring out the color of the rusty wire.

I am pretty happy with this. It required minimal changes in post editing, and besides I think it's a pretty cool picture. I'll have to take Nikki with me more often. There was nothing to hold the cross brace to this fence post besides the much-overdone wiring job. I couldn't help but wonder what the guy was thinking.

john

1 comment: