Sunday, January 5, 2014

In The RAW

There is a first for everything, and this is the first photo that I have ever shot in RAW format, uploaded to Lightroom, and made a few rudimentary changes. I did not crop this photo, but merely played around with a few of the settings. I wanted to accentuate the blue sky, and I think I accomplished that. There seems to be a lot that someone can do with a photo that captures more information, which RAW format does. From now on, I will be learning more and more about this format.

I spent about 2 hours this morning on Lynda.com studying an online course for Lightroom. Specifically, I learned the basics of the controls in Lightroom. But, I have a long way to go. I shot about 25 photos this afternoon, this one being the first. I'll be playing around with the other photos today. 

Okay, this photo is my submission for the day. The subject was interesting to me because I like old abandoned roads and bridges. Don't ask me why.

john

No comments:

Post a Comment