Thursday, January 2, 2014

Framing

Framing

So this is today's photo. I wanted to do something a little unusual, so when I saw this opportunity to frame this shot in this way, I jumped on it. I had a little cooperation too.

This was taken at U.C. Davis School of Veterinary Medicine. We had about an hour to kill in the waiting room with our dog Mettle Rose. I was really trying to figure out what to post tonight. I thought about a shot with the background out of focus, or maybe doing something in Photoshop. Then, all of a sudden, I saw this.

This photo was taken on my Samsung Galaxy 4. The colors are pretty true to the color of the room. I had to shoot quite a few pictures because my hands are very shaky. Finally, because I didn't have a tripod, I improvised. I found a way to steady my camera and I shot a few photos.

Okay, it's no prize winner. But I think it's pretty cool for an amateur. There will be days of extreme frustration ahead, trying to find a good picture. I really want to try to shoot good photos from ordinary subjects and situations. Anyone can shoot a famous landmark, and the photo will be fairly good as long as it is framed and in focus. But, trying to find the odd way to present the photo is what I am looking for. Hopefully I will be able to learn, and to entertain along the way.

I'm looking forward to this. I think this is going to turn out to be a really cool project. Thanks for including me. We can't help to get better if we make it a priority. I am now taking my camera with me everywhere I go, just about. I couldn't take it into U.C. Davis because I am disabled right now, and I was limited as to how much I could carry. I've got more ideas on the way, so look out, haha!

john

PS - Absolutely no post editing here. 

1 comment:

  1. I like it. It's about the composition and thought sometimes.

    ReplyDelete