Thursday, January 9, 2014

Deer Creek Sunset

The day was very hectic for me, but I took my camera with me everywhere I had to go. Always searching for a new and novel subject, the day wore on until I was running out of daylight. I knew of a spot where I could get a good sunset photo. I tried last evening, but the sky did not cooperate. So, really just running out of ideas, I drove up to my spot and captured this photo.

It was getting dark, and I shot this photo at ISO 200 (aperture priority) in an attempt to get a photo with very little grain. I knew that my shutter speed would be reflected in the low ISO, but I was surprised that 1/30 seemed to work out just fine. I shot the photo on a tripod with a remote shutter to eliminate shake.

The only thing I did in post was to boost the orange just a very small amount. There is no cropping, though I did shoot this at 135mm zoom, the limit of my zoom lens.

john

No comments:

Post a Comment