Saturday, January 4, 2014

More Lightroom 5 Fun

More Lightroom Fun

Okay, so today isn't so much about getting a creative shot as it is about continuing to learn Lightroom 5. This photo was originally too warm. I relied on the auto white balance and the original picture reflected that. So, I used Lightroom to select a cooler temp and the photo improved a lot. 

Lightroom is a complex program, and I'm having just a little difficulty learning it. I bought a subscription to Lynda.com and I think that is going to help a lot. Of course, I'm also having to learn how to navigate around Lynda.com, and that is a challenge all by itself.  

I did not crop this photo, or make any changes other than to the color. Otherwise, this picture is exactly the way it looked when it came out of the camera. I want to thank Nikki for being my willing subject, lol! Seriously, some people really do balk at having their picture taken. Nikki is a good sport.

I have not shot anything in RAW yet, but as I continue to learn I will. After all, it's just a setting on the camera. I just want to become more comfortable with uploading photos into lightroom, and exporting them. Thanks for taking a look.

john 

No comments:

Post a Comment