Friday, January 10, 2014

Our Town Clock

It was getting late, but luckily I had already scoped out this beautiful clock in Shasta Lake City. I was not sure I could get the exposure correct, as it was getting late in the day. But I am happy with this. I shot this at 200 ISO, f stop 11, which yielded about a 1/3 shutter speed. 

I took a few photos from different angles, and the shutter speed varied some. I shot this in aperture priority.
The clock is near the Veteran's Memorial in Downtown Shasta Lake City. The clock was purchased witih donations from local town folks. 
I thought I would stop by and take a photo of the clock at 9:00 PM, when it was pitch black. The clock is very pretty regardless of the time of day, and it even gongs the Big Ben chime on the hour and half hour. We here in Shasta Lake are very proud of our clock in Shasta Lake.

john


No comments:

Post a Comment